Our winter has been exceptionally mild but the evenings still come early (pitch black at 5:15) and are chilly enough to remind us that it is indeed winter.
That means MEATLOAF !! We follow a mostly Paleo diet and Meatloaf is perfect for that.
Of course this meatloaf is not the same meatloaf you grandma used to make. The ingredients are a bit different, but the finished product is mouthwatering.
Let’s get started.
- 1# ground Buffalo
- 1/2-1 onion, Diced
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 C almond flour
- 1 pasture raised egg
- 1 jar tomato sauce
Put it together:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a medium sized bowl mix together all ingredients, except the tomato sauce.
- Form the meat mixture into a loaf and place in pan, I like to use a pie plate.
- Pour the tomato sauce over the loaf.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let set for 5 minutes.
You will notices a sauce/gravy that has formed in the pan from the meat juices and the tomato sauce. This is delicious on a baked sweet potato. Make a green salad to complete the meal.
Enjoy Susan xoxo
#paleo, #recipe, #whole30